A Transtec led consortium has been mandated to deliver Support to the ASEM Dialogue Facility.
As from December 2012, Transtec will be implementing the ASEM project with its partners Carlson Wagonlit Travel Belgium SPRL – CWT, Centre for European Policy Studies - CEPS and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS).
The specific purpose of the project is to enhance partnership between ASEM partners by contributing to the official ASEM process in a number of fields relevant to ASEM partners, and in particular to ASEM developing countries
The results are expected to include:
Constructive input provided to the strategic discussions at the global stage;
- Ownership and dialogue needs of developing countries in the ASEM process addressed;
- Interaction between the two components – the official (ASEM) and the non-governmental strengthened;
- Visibility of the ASEM process enhanced.
The project will be implemented mostly in the ASEM Partner countries by a team of 3 part-time technical assistants: Team Leader, Communication specialist and an Administrative assistant
- Organization of dialogue forums: These Dialogue forums will be held in different formats: meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, lecture tours, or equivalent. They might be highly political – such as a Ministerial Conference – or of a more technical nature; and they will be organised on the identified themes and topics emerging from the ASEM process;
- Undertake sectoral studies according to the needs;
- Administrative Assistance to provide support to the Senior Officials and to the ASEM Coordinators in order to improve the ASEM coordination, track the ongoing and past ASEM activities, and to establish procedures for a more efficient ASEM coordination in a longer term. Such a coordination process will be designed especially so that all partners, Asian and European – large and small - developed and developing, have similar access to, and that would provide information to all;
- Engagement of all stakeholders: the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) will enhance the dialogue participation of the Asian ASEM developing countries as well as of the civil society;
- Visibility of the ASEM process: Another challenge for ASEM is to make the general public aware of ASEM process. The TAT will carry forward, coordinate, encourage, sustain and support this visibility function.